As we know, Monsoon is always a wonderful season. The wet & foggy mornings, dark clouds and dribbles make the place like a fairyland. India is a tropical land. There, summers are hot & the rainy season has moderate to heavy rainfall. In the rainy season, plants start to grow and flourish giving a green shade to plains and mountains.
All the places are not good in the monsoon during India Tour. Here are the 5 best monsoon places to enjoy in India.
- Lonavala – Lonavala is the mountain range in Mumbai. It is situated in the Ghats and is one of the most charming and green places in Mumbai. The mountain ranges, waterfalls & other attractions are at its best beauty during monsoon season. The best activities in Lonavala during monsoon are enjoying the stream in Tiger Point, waterfalls at Bushi dam and enjoying the caves of 2nd BC. The waterfalls picnic is a wonderful activity for romantic couples and people who love water.
- Bishnupur – Bishnupur is situated in the West Bengal state of India. It is about 150 km far away from Kolkata. One who loves art and crafts should visit this place. You can find a lot of terracotta sculptures and temples there. During monsoon, the rain will wash the sculptures and they will look very bright orange in color and a mild aroma of clay can be found. Many events happen here during the rainy season. The most important monsoon activity is wandering around ‘Malleshwar Temple’ in a mild drizzle. There are a lot of lodges & mid range hotels in Bishnupur town.
- Malshej Ghat – Malshej Ghat is a beautiful hill station in Maharashtra. This place is known for lush waterfalls, mountains, and plantations. This place is filled with beautiful flowering plants & some unique animals during rainy season. You can enjoy a lot of water related activities in the wonderful lake & waterfalls. The best part of monsoon season in “Malshej Ghat” is watching the pink flamingos standing on one leg and their mating dance is a really enchanting sight. Flamingos are migratory birds that come from Siberia.
- Ladakh – It is a cold place filled with mountain and lakes in Jammu and Kashmir State of India. It is a cold fairytale place in India. During monsoon, the lakes will be filled with water and you can camp near them. The most wonderful activity of all is the “White water rafting”. The ‘Indus River’ is filled with water during rainy season and rafting is possible during this time. You can enjoy many road trips and can visit hanging glaciers, monasteries, villages, lakes, rivers and others.
The best activity of all is the ‘Ladakh festival’ that organized in September. The folks of Ladakh dress in their traditional dress and sing are most wonderful as they dance through the streets of the city. This festival is a colorful one.
- Coorg – Coorg is the most beautiful hill station in Karnataka. It is also known for its lovely forests, flora, fauna, coffee plantation, wonderful lakes, and waterfalls. Like any other hill station, Coorg is also a beautiful and charming place during rainy season. The waterfalls, lakes, and rivers become very graceful and you can enjoy a lot of activities near these places like the picnic, boating, and others.
Most important activity is visiting ‘Pushpagiri wildlife sanctuary’. If you like thrilling activities then you can hike at ‘Kotebetta’ or can enjoy playing in Jog falls.
This is an exclusive list of destinations for visiting during monsoon. The monsoon holidays in India will leave you with unforgettable memories and heavenly experience. But, make sure to book the best tour packages before planning your trip to India. Four Wheel Drive India offers the best Golden Triangle holiday packages to visit in North India.